Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I'm Getting Bigger Soon..."

Liam informed us about this news. His 3rd birthday is on Friday. It is so hard to believe that we have been parents for three years! Liam has grown into such a little man, so caring and inquisitive. He is definitely into the question phase of toddlerhood. It is so much fun to watch him discover new things everyday. We will have a birthday dinner at Lynnie's house of Friday. His family party will be next Saturday in conjunction with my graduation. 

His present (a little on the unconventional side) is in the works. Dane and I are making a playroom down in the basement. It is a dry/clean unfinished basement which we are sprucing up to give the boys some more room to run. It will easily house all of the oversized toys that we have accumulated over the last couple of years. I am excited to reclaim the living room and dining room, and I think that Liam will be very excited to know that we have done this for him. 

We moved everything to a dedicated storage area and cleaned the floors and vacuumed everything. Today I went and bought a large piece of remnant carpet. I am also fashioning a cable system with fabric panels to block off the areas that I don't want them to get into. I think it will be done by Friday and I hope that Dane and I can show Liam his new playroom on his bday! 

I want to do a birthday post with pictures from the last year and maybe with a few of the new playroom! 

No comments: