Monday, April 20, 2009

I never thought this day would come...

Tomorrow is a big milestone for Gavin. He is getting his tubes! After the awful winter that the boy has been through...RSV, bronchiolitis, croup, asthma AND 14 ear infections, the day has come. Dane and I have done everything humanly possible to keep him marginally healthy for tomorrow. I can't wait. We have to be at Children's Mercy South at 0645. He can't eat or drink which will be the hardest thing. He has to get a physical done by an NP first where he will be (hopefully) cleared for anesthesia and surgery is scheduled for 0815! It should only take about 15 minutes.

I can't help but wonder what his reaction will be when he can finally hear and isn't living underwater anymore! I will let everyone know how it goes. 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

YAY!! TUBES!! Praying for a good pre-op check and a breeze of a surgery!! Can't wait to hear.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well and Gavin can finally hear and not be bothered with earaches anymore. Poor thing! I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow. :)