On the first night that Dane, the boys and I were in STL for Xmas, we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Immediately after being seated, we ran into the Jones family. This is what made me feel so old. This family used to live in my old neighborhood that I spent probably thousands of hours babysitting for! I haven't seen the kids in quite some time. Their oldest is in high school. WHAT?! I started babysitting their oldest (I think) when he was about 6 weeks old...maybe younger. I cannot believe that he is in high school. Their second son is the age that I was when I started babysitting the first. This blows my mind. Their youngest does not remember me because when she came around I had sadly moved on to college. I even went to Mexico with these people on vacation. It was so great to see the kids and how grown up they are, but made me simultaneously realize that I am getting old. Sheila told me that she has been checking our blog, and therefore, this is a shout out to her. Thanks for making me realize how old I must be if I am now the one looking for the babysitter! It was great to see you, Jason and the kids! I wanted to squeeze those boys but didn't want to scare them off since so much time has passed. Hope that you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
1 comment:
You think you feel old, what about me, seeing you with those two beautiful boys of yours. You are right Ryan was only six weeks old when you first babysat for us. Now he will be getting his drivers permit on Jan 12th. It was so great to see you and your family. When we got home we pulled out our pictures from Mexico and reminisced about all of the fun we had. I can only hope that you and Dane can find a sitter as good as we did. Your boys are very lucky to have such a great Mom.
Post a Comment