Sunday, August 10, 2008

When the moment is right...



I love pictures. Anyone who knows me will tell you that fact. I always have the camera handy in hopes of catching a cute moment with the boys. They grow up too fast to not give it my best shot. I work with a nurse (Josie!) who shares a mutual love of photography and also has two children. She warned me (before Gavin was born) that taking pictures of two children together is nearly impossible. One will inevitably close their eyes, fall over or cry. 

I now know what she means. Especially now that Gavin is rolling around and scooting, it is nearly impossible to get a good picture of Liam and Gavin together. In the age of digital I have the opportunity to take countless pictures in hopes of getting one that is decent. But sometimes the moment is just right. This morning, after Dane and I got the boys dressed, Liam and Gavin were both in playful happy moods. All of the stars were aligned and I got some great pictures. If only I could learn to photoshop a nicer background...we could skip the professionals!










2 comments:

Valerie said...

Seriously...amazing pics!! You're right, even getting a pic of Allie by herself is sometimes impossible. The number of photos you have to delete to get one that works. But, as you said, the stars must have aligned this day! Pretty cute!

jen p said...

your children are adorable! i still see YOU in Liam, and Dane in Gavin.
so happy to be included in your "Blog Group", thanks.

jen p