Liam was almost 17 months before he was ever in daycare, so I feel extreme guilt knowing that Gavin will be spending three days a week with someone else. He started going one day a week at the end of July and is doing well. The caregivers tell us how happy he is and how he is really trying to become more mobile. Within the next couple of weeks once clinicals start, we will transition both of them to three days a week.
I don't worry so much about Liam anymore as he seems to have really taken to "school". He has lots of friends and he likes his teachers. We always get good reports from the women who tell us frequently how sweet and kind he is. He is nice to the other kids and my favorite part is that now he can talk well enough to tell me things that happen at daycare. Liam will talk about the activities they did that day, and more comically, he will tell on the "naughty kids". He will tell me who bit someone, hit someone and who was in time out. Occassionally I will ask if he has ever been to time out and his response is, "Oh, no mommy, I not go to time out!"
I know that daycare has become a part of life for most families and I am trying to accept that it is now part of ours. Dane and I make lots of choices about how to spend our time, and although we are committed to our careers, family comes first. I just think that finishing school will be the best thing for us as far as job opportunities, flexibility and more money (hopefully) so we need to just get through it day by day until May! But alas, I am mourning the end of summer vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment