Sunday, December 6, 2009

And the Tree is Up

Last week Dane had two work trips to Washington and New York. The boys and I decided that we would get the house holiday ready while he was gone. While they ate their standard breakfast waffles, I carried all of the boxes up from downstairs. They were so excited to see all of the things that we had to put out for Christmas.

Luckily, last year (for the first time) Dane and I were smart and bundled and labeled the tree parts so it only took me about 10 minutes to assemble. I laid lots of ornaments out on the floor and the boys had a great time hanging 3-6 on one branch at a time. They were interested in who each ornament belonged to. We listened to some Christmas music while we hung the stockings, finished the tree and spread out the eclectic mix of things that we have to decorate the house.

I thought that this year would be a little easier and require less patrol of the tree. Everyone is a year older and wiser, right? Wrong. Gavin's excitement and curiosity could not be contained and we had 4 ornament mishaps in the first 5 hours of the tree being up. SInce then, his interest has been equally spread between the tree and all of the things that play music. The tree remains intact, my sanity is not. I am hearing the songs in my sleep.

They were excited to show daddy the results of our hard work when he came back home between trips. Just like any other day, it ended with a game of "tackle" in the living room.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what handsome boys you have. I miss them everyday. Can't wait until christmas...Love you, Gram