Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quarter-life Crisis?



On my birthday I walked into our kitchen and started taking down the wallpaper. It is something that I have loathed since the day we got the keys. It makes the kitchen so dark and dreary. I decided it was time to fix the problem. I elicited Liam's help in doing a quick clean up...that boy loved to use a swiffer. Then he helped me peel off the vinyl layer of the wallpaper. Although, once the ladder came out, all he wanted to do was to run his trains on the "ladder train track". The he learned that the magnets would also stick to the ladder. I am not sure if he was helping me or making my work more dangerous! None the less, he though it was cool to hang out with mom and the tools.

This will be a work in progress. Once I started, it occurred to me that I have less than zero time for home improvement. (not to mention I underestimated the extreme height of the walls and the fact that they are recessed behind the cabinets...oops) I now have a kitchen that is half stripped. I will need to finish stripping the paper, repair some drywall, prime and paint. I know that in the end it will be so worth it. Already, the room seems bigger and lighter. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. 

Oh, and I guess that I got the housework bug because a few days after I started in the kitchen, I laid a new floor in the laundry room. Be impressed. It turned out well. Looks much nicer now. 

No comments: