Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Fall

Sorry for the delay in posting. Things have been busy around here. I am either working or doing school/clinicals. Dane has really been pitching in around here caring for the boys, doing laundry, cleaning. Needless to say, I am glad for a day off tomorrow (if you don't count 3 hrs of class in the afternoon) to spend some much needed time with the Liam and Gavin. Gavin was sick last week with 2 ear infections and a cold, but is now recovered. 

After not getting to play with my little guys much since last Tuesday, I was shocked to see that Gavin is so close to crawling. He goes from sitting to his hands and knees, rocking back and forth. He has the army crawl down, as long as he doesn't have to go too far to get to the object of his desire. If it is more than 1-2 scoots he simply is just not motivated. I am FINE with that. It makes me nervous to think that he will very soon be able to get into anything. It is so hard to control toys in this joint with a toddler. I am going to have to watch G like a hawk so he doesn't get something of Liam's in his mouth! Gavin is also pulling up on things. Tonight I was amazed to see him standing up, letting go after steadying himself and trying to take a step. He also was bending down to pick up toys while just holding on to things with one hand! Maybe he will 
just skip the real crawling?!? 

Liam is busy busy. He is currently obsessed with Mary Poppins...particularly the music. This is all he wants to do. He sings "step in time", "spoonful of sugar", and yes, he tries to sing "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". He has decided that it is even more fun to "Skype" with family members (that means webcam...he can tell you about it sometime) and make them watch him dance on our laptop. It is quite a site. He has rhythm...it is just a cross between dancing and a seizure. 

Here are some recent pictures of the guys:

Here is Gavin on the Bounce and Rock Pony that Liam got for his first X-mas. He goes crazy on it. The downside it that Liam gets jealous. He is also aware that the seat holding Gavin on is removable. Dane and I spend several minutes a day unscrewing the seat and then putting it back on. We have to be fair and take turns after all!


Last weekend, I took the boys on the trail and down to one of the fields. Liam was so elated to run. It is one of his many needs these days. He has a daily routine of running from our fireplace to the laundry room (it is a straight shot from one end of the main floor to the other). He will abruptly stop play to announce "I need to run." Then he stands on the fireplace and yells, "Ready. Set. Go" and then takes off. Nothing gets in his way of this task. He has good form. Who knows, maybe an Olympic Runner someday?

Yes, the ball pit is back. It was demoted to the basement when we first moved into our house. Liam got a kick out of going to the basement with daddy to play with his "big toys" (all of the things that have been given to him that are too large to keep out in the living areas of the house). Now Gavin gets to get in on the fun. He was a little leery at first, but it is growing on him. I know that you are wondering where we have room for this with all of the other things that are already scattered. The answer is a rarely used dining room thanks to my weekend away at work, constant hurricane rains, and Dane needing something to do with the boys while stuck in the house. He moved the dining room furniture and turned it into a playroom. It will stay for now. But come to think of it....the whole house is a playroom. All I can say it that payback is sweet. Tom- can't wait for you to have kids. You will see this again. I take good care of everything that the boys have. Your children will also be pictured in this ball pit. Start thinking about where you will put it!

Need I say more about that cute face? Isn't that the cutest hat ever? Who ever said that dressing boys isn't fun?


I want Dane to carry me around like this. 


When you are two, all you need is outdoor space and a stick to carry while you frolic. The end.

Hope everyone is staying dry! Will try to be better about posting! Have a great week.




No comments: