The boys and I met our friends Ellen, Aidan and Maeve for a morning at Wonderscope. It is a children's museum in Kansas City. The building was an old school which was converted into a hands-on place for kids. All of the old classrooms each have a theme for that room. There is a grocery store, a space room, a hospital room, a water room and even a padded climbing room for little babies. The boys all had fun together...maeve had fun watching. This was a banner day as it was my first outing without a stroller! I let Gavin walk around and play to the best of his ability. Here are some pictures of the kids:
Here are Liam & Gavin in the water room
Here is Gavin catching up on some phone calls in the hospital room. That design on the carpet is a well known symbol of Children's Mercy (where I work). This is in the hospital room.
Here is Gavin in the ball room.
Here are Liam, Gavin and Aidan in the hospital room all playing with a medical kit. I love it!
Gavin was loving the action in the ball room!
Liam got to learn about a pulley system for lifting heavy rocks.
We had a fun day! It was a little daunting to have two kids running different directions, but they did great. Gavin is getting to the point that he listens well to direction and I think he was happy to have a break from the stroller.

No comments:
Post a Comment